Detox Reset Cabbage Soup
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 to 2 pcs medium size shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chopped celery-- make sure to save some leaves
- 4 to 6 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small head of purple cabbage chopped
- ½ head of cauliflower broken up
- 1 can 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp herbs de Provence
- Fresh dill and fresh oregano (optional)
- 1 sheet Kombu
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- Pepper to taste
- Prepare the veggies. Peel and chop carrots into ¼ inch rounds. Chop celery and set leaves aside. Break cauliflower into bite size florets. Roughly chop the cabbage. Destem the herbs.
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven heat oil until it glistens, add onion, shallot, garlic, celery leaves and ½ of the herbs. Sauté until translucent, but still firm.
- Add carrots, celery, cauliflower, cabbage, Kombu and 2 cups vegetable broth. Simmer for 10 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Add the remaining broth, canned tomatoes and herbs. Bring to a low boil and then turndown to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Be mindful not to overcook the vegetables so they don’t get mushy.
- Remove the Kombu sheet.
- Ladle into a bowl, top with fresh herbs and pepper.