Autumn Inspired Soup
- Oven with Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- High-powered Blender
- 1 medium butternut squash
- ½ head cauliflower
- ½ medium onion
- 4 celery stalks with leaves
- ¼ -½ yellow onion
- 2 large shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 opal apples
- Fresh or dry thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp curry
- 32 oz no- sugars- added vegetable stock
- ½ can coconut milk
- ½ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees
- Peel the entire squash. Cut lengthwise, discard the seeds and cut into square-like chunks.
- Divide cauliflower head in half, remove core and break into similar size pieces.
- Rough chop onion and celery.
- Peel onions, shallots and garlic and give them a quick rough chop, leaving in big chunks
- Chop and discard the apple core and cut into chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl toss all veggies in EVOO, salt, pepper, herbs and spices.
- Evenly spread the mixture on the baking sheet.
- Roast approximately 30-4O minutes until veggies are soft, but not over- cooked.
- Carefully slide all the roasted veggies into a high powered blender.
- Add ½ the vegetable broth, coconut milk, extra salt, pepper, herbs and spices to taste.
- Blend, adding more stock as you go, until completely smooth.
- Top with sprouted pumpkin seeds.
Butternut squash is high in potassium, which can help keep your blood pressure in check. Managing your blood pressure can reduce your risk for stroke and heart disease. Its fiber helps with blood sugar and is an abundant source of powerful antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene.