Reset Roasted Veggies
Grab a variety of vegetables and roast like ones together for the sake of cooking time or giveyour root veggies a head start.
- Sweet potatoes, beets, brussels sprouts, red cabbage, carrots, portobello mushroom, red onion, and garlic
- Broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus, bell peppers, white mushrooms and shallots
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- Lemon or orange zest (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut veggies into pieces about the same size.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Spread veggies evenly on the baking sheet. Make sure not to overcrowd.
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil, sprinkle Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper and toss.
- Roast for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and give the veggies a quick toss. Make sure to spread evenly.
- Roast 10 minutes longer or until veggies are tender.
- Keep in mind different vegetables take various amounts of time so I usually like to roast vegetables with the same cook time together (or give more firm root vegetables a headstart and add others later).
- You can roast just about any vegetable. Just use the same simple method – chop, drizzle with oil, season, toss and roast. Toss once or twice throughout baking. Leave veggies such as green beans and asparagus whole.
- Top with balsamic reduction, avocado, sprouts.
- Add protein such as chicken or salmon during protein week.
- Add quinoa or brown rice during grains week.