Carrot “Cake” Overnight Oats
- 8 ounce mason jar
- ¼-½ cup rolled oats
- ½ - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp raisins or chopped dates
- ¼ cup finely grated carrots
- 1 tangerine
- ¼ tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- ½ cup water (After nuts have been reintroduced, use unsweetened vanilla nut milk.)
- Start by layering your ingredients, bottom up, from dry to wet in the mason jar.
- Start with Oats on the bottom and mix in Cinnamon.
- Next, layer ½ of the Raisins or Dates.
- Add Carrots and drizzle ½ of the Honey over the Carrots.
- Add liquid in slowly, leaving room to add the fruit on top.
- Finish off with remaining Raisins or Dates and Honey. Tightly close lid and store in fridge overnight.
- Good for 72 hours. This isn't an exact science, so let your creative juices flow with your ingredients!