Baked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 2-3 lb Squash
- 2 TB EVOO
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Basil
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 4oz Manchego Cheese
- Cut Squash in half
- Clean out all seeds
- Poke the squash with a fork all over
- Drizzle with EVOO, little garlic salt and dried basil.
- Bake at 375 squash side up in a 1/2 inch water for 45 mins to 1 hour until done.
- While squash is baking, mince 3 cloves of galic and saute.
- Pour in the marinara sauce, and mix well.
- Take out the squash and let it cool so you are able to handle without burning your hands.
- Use a fork to pull out squash, will look like spaghetti.
- Place spaghetti in a baking dish, add sautéed garlic and marinara sauce, mix well.
- Mix all ingredients well
- Top with a light layer of manchego cheese or crushed cashew "Parmesan" for a vegan option. (In a food processor cashews and a touch of good salt).
- Place under broiler and broil until brown approximately 5 mins, keep a close eye.
- Let stand for 8 mins and serve with rocket salad/ arugula, radish sprouts of your choice light vinaigrette.
Sauce: make your own or I love Rao's basil sauce when I don't have the time.